Saturday, February 9, 2013

Reflecting Christ

"We all, with unveiled faces, are reflecting the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory...." 2 Corinthians 3:18 (HCSB)

This morning when I woke up I did my usual Sunday morning routine. I spent time with my wife, ate breakfast with the family, and got dressed. Getting dressed on Sunday morning is different than most every other day because I preach wearing a coat and tie. You know, as long as I have been tying ties, I still like to do it looking in a mirror. I can complete the task without looking in a mirror, but I go much faster and have better coordination looking into a mirror.

Your Christian walk should be like a mirror, except you are not the one looking into the mirror...you are the reflection. You are the reflection of Christ in you. Moses reflected God at one point and the reflection was so great that he had to cover his face. The Israelites were scared to look upon Moses because the skin of his face glowed so brightly. They knew they were standing in front of Holiness. No, Moses wasn't Holy...but the reflection of God by Moses was Holy.

If that is the consequence of Moses looking upon God's backside, because that was all God would allow Moses to see - a quick glimpse of His backside (Exodus 33:19-23), then you should all the more reflect God's glory because Christ lives in you. You are a reflection of the Son of God who came to earth, lived a perfect life, was crucified, died, rose again and now lives within your heart. You are a reflection of what He was, is and will do.

You know what would have been neat about tying my tie this morning? It would have been neat if my reflection actually became me...an image of me...but a real me. Of course, that is not possible. However, what is impossible with man is possible with God. You as a child of God, a chosen one of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, are being made just like Him. The work is not complete yet. However, it is in progress. Sanctification is taking place in your life. With each moment of good fortune, or each passing trial, God uses them to make you more and more like Jesus. Let your light so shine before all men that they give Him the glory for what He has done in you. Thank God for changing your heart and making you one of His own dear children. And never forget to keep Looking Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment